My Favorite Destinations in Amsterdam

During my first Europe trip, Amsterdam was the one of my top wishes. This capital of Netherlands is famous for various tourist destinations. The museum particularly, which is my favorite. This city has tons of museums scattered around the town. So, I am not surprised that it is the leading cultural center in the country. My trip began by visiting the famous Rijksmuseum museum. It was founded in 1809 and now it is the home of huge collections of antiquities and rare art.



I continued my museum trip in Amsterdam by visiting the Anne Frank Museum. It was formerly the home of Anne’s family, Jewish, who hid during the WWII. And it is dedicated to the Holocaust victims. Van Gogh Museum was next on my list. In this museum, there are the works of art by the famous Vincent Gogh including 500 drawings, 700 letters and 200 paintings.



As I had expected, Amsterdam is also a city with beautiful natural setting. The canals of Amsterdam that were built in 17th century is a very beautiful and relaxing destination to see. There are a lot of small boats along the canals that make the view even much better. Still along the canal, I made time to visit the floating flower market, the Bloemenmarkt which is the only one in the world.

Comments

Popular Posts