I Fall in Love with Istanbul and Its Magic

The first time I step on Istanbul ground, I was amazed with the history of this city. This city has witnessed the most significant events happening few centuries ago. And this history has made of what it is today, a city rich in cultures, culinary, and old historic buildings scattered around the city. Since I am a foodie, I started by visiting the Spice Bazaar, the biggest market there that sells various kinds of herbs, nuts, dried fruits and spices. All the products are local and I love the dried fruits so much that I brought a lot of them home the last time I visited.

If it’s the first time in Istanbul, do not miss the main touristic spots to visit. Start with the Aya Sofya Museum with a long history. It was actually built a church and converted into mosque after the Ottoman conquered Constantinople and now it’s a museum. Moreover, move on to the enchanting Blue Mosque which is full with beautiful decoration from the Ottoman Empire.



A Topkapi Palace is also a must-see tourist destination in Istanbul. As far as I know, this museum has wide collection of artifacts. If you need to buy some souvenir to bring home, spare time to visit Grand Bazaar. However, just like I did there, always make bargain for anything you want to buy because the vendors usually give very expensive prices at first.

Comments

Popular Posts